We believe that:
1. The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
2. There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honoured, and adored.
3. All mankind is lost due to Adam's fall from his original sinless state and is totally helpless.
4. The Sovereign God, for no other reason than His own unfathomable love and mercy, has chosen lost sinners from every nation to be redeemed by the quickening power of the Holy Spirit and through the atoning death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ.
5. Those sinners whom the Spirit quickens, come to believe in Christ as Saviour and Lord by the Word of God, are born again, i.e., receive the Holy Spirit, become sons of God, and are preserved by the power of the Spirit.
6. Sinners are justified by faith in Christ Jesus and are clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
7. The goal of salvation for the Christian is to live unto God, bear the fruits of holiness, and produce good works for the glory of God.
8. At death the Christian's soul passes immediately into the presence of God and the unbeliever's soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.
9. Baptism and the Lord's Supper are the only two ordinances that Christ commanded his Church to observe until he comes.
10. Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at any time to consummate history. All people will be resurrected and judged by God to eternal life or eternal damnation. Until then, believers are to proclaim the Gospel to the ends of the earth.
back to taiwanchurch.org